Saint-Mère Church, first released city
Sainte-Mère church was the first French city released by the parachuting of the American troops on June 5, 1944. Everyone has in memory the image of the parachutist remained hung with the bell-tower of the church of Sainte-Mère, at the time of the parachuting of the 8e and the 101e Airbone, in the night from the 5 to June 6, 1944.
In front of the town hall of Sainte-Mère-Eglise, is today terminal 0, symbol of the starting point of the Way of Freedom, road followed by the units of the Patton General, of Sainte-Mère-Eglise in Bastogne (Belgium). This famous church set up between XIe and XVe century, shelters curious capitals, the stained glass of the Unloading and the stained glass of the Parachutists
– Museum of the Airborne Troops and Douglas C47: Exposure on the air unloading of June 5, 1944. Douglas plane, Waco sailplane, Sherman tank, Half-track vehicle, jepp, Anti-aircraft gun…
– Museum of the Farm of Cotentin: Presentation within the framework authenticates of an old farm of the XVIIe century, rural life of this area, at the beginning of the century.